Three days of bivouacs
Day 1 :
Transfer by minibus from Essaouira south towards the village of Tasekra, an area in the middle of the argan forest which includes several scattered villages.
Departure on foot to the fishing village of Iftan. Lunch and first night in bivouac in Iftan.
– Departure on foot to the fishing village of Iftan. Lunch and first night in bivouac in Iftan.
– Departure from Essaouira by minibus around 8:30am.
– Departure of the walk around 9h.
– 60 m of negative elevation.
– Arrival at the place of bivouac around 13pm.
– 3 hours of walking.
Day 2 :
Departure from Iftan to the waterfalls of Sidi Mbarek. Lunch at with a Berber family in their home. The hike continues on the beach to a beautiful cliff called Takaoucht. Second night in bivouac between Takaoucht and Sidi Kaouki, a place known for surfing.
– Departure of the walk around 9am.
– 100 m of elevation gain.
– Arrival at the inhabitant for lunch at 13pm.
– Arrival at the place of bivouac around 15 pm.
– 3 to 4 hours of walking for the day.
Day 3 :
North direction we cross the village of Sidi Kaouki towards Ouassen. Lunch in Ouassen, the village next to the windfarm that supplies electricity to the city of Essaouira. Return to Essaouira by minibus.